Were you confused about the difference between your listings on Google+ and Google Places? No more! The latest iteration of Google’s local business offerings, Google My Business, seeks to end your confusion. Google My Business brings all Google business listings together, better integrates them with Google+, and provides one platform from which to manage your business’ data.
5 Benefits of Using Google My Business to Manage Your Local Presence
1. Google My Business centralizes all your information – No longer will you have all your information spread out over many different Google platforms, increasing the chances that you can have errors and thus ranking problems. Now you have one place to go to update your contact information, add images, virtual tours, and more.
2. You can use Google+ to connect with your customers – Using the Google+ platform integrated with GMB, you’ve got an easy way to connect directly to your customers and prospects through your company’s Google+ page, add content and images, and you even have the ability to use Hangouts.
3. Customer Review Management – Everyone likes this one. Now you have a simple solution to managing your reviews through Google+ You can see and interact with anyone who leaves a review, and handle any problems promptly.
4. Run everything from your phone – Out and about? Using the Android or iOS apps, you can now run your business on the Google My Business platform wherever you are. This even applies to ad campaigns!
5. Google My Business Customer Insights – A surprisingly useful statistical function tells you where your customers are coming from, what they’re clicking, and more. It also integrates easily with your Google Analytics account, as well as AdWords.